Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Thesis!


So, yesterday, I was informed by my supervisor, that it would look good in the long run if I wrote a thesis as part of my research program. Not like a graduate thesis, but similar.

At first, I was more than excited. It finally meant that I would be able to write about all my research on the Tilde Framework, which is the framework from which Stuxnet, DUQU, and Flame malware are supposedly produced.
However, for my major, a thesis means that I need to include a program or something I can build for support. :(

Therefore, I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate that fact into my excitement about the Tilde Framework, but I don't want to try to add to the Tilde Framework, because its being used for cyber attacks and espionage against Iran and Iran-friendly countries. Plus, it uses Objective-C, an older language that my major never even touches. [But that does give me an idea.....]

So, I'm trying to expand my reaches beyond the Tilde Framework, and find something else that excites me just as much.

That being said, an internship with Symantec next summer may not be as out-of-reach as I thought. It just means that I now need to start prioritizing the dozens of goals I've been setting for myself recently. Either way, I'm looking forward to what the future has to offer, and I'm feeling less and less afraid of life.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment